SUMANT SINHA RENEW CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT, IIT DELHI
The Sumant Sinha ReNew Centre of Excellence For Energy And Environment was inaugurated by Hon'ble Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar on Thursday, 12th of September, 2017 at the IIT Delhi campus
The aim of this Centre of Excellence is to:
- Establish a world-class research & development facility to develop cutting-edge renewable energy solutions
- Foster exchange of ideas between industry, academia and policy makers from across the world to promote faster adoption of renewable energy
- Offer research and internship opportunities for undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. students in industry
- Develop research reports on renewable energy policy matters for Government of India and multilateral organizations
- Skill enhancement of women engineers for entrepreneurship and in the field of renewable energy
Panel discussion on the partnership
A hub for clean energy research
The COE will be a hub at IIT Delhi for clean energy related research and the endeavor is to make it the most reputable and eminent center for clean energy research. The Centre is currently undertaking research in the fields of
- Integration of large scale solar rooftop capacity with the electricity distribution network using battery storage technology
- Measures for strengthening of transmission grid to accommodate the flow of renewable energy from utility scale plants
- Development of charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
Research outcomes will contribute towards accelerated development of these evolving fields. Also, the outcomes would be shared with the relevant Government Institutions on a periodic basis to enable policy shaping.
V. Ramgopal Rao, Director, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Learn More:Inauguration event of Sumant Sinha ReNew Center of Excellence For Energy and Environment.